Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby Shower





My lovely girlfriends Kristen and Jessie threw me an amazing baby shower last weekend. I had nothing to do with it, other than having it at our house, the girls showed up, decorated, fed everyone and organized all the games.
I didn't even know who was coming!

We played "Guess who's baby picture this is?", and "Would Terra want the baby to have this attribute come from Rob or herself?". If anyone at the party said the words Terra, Baby or Sprout they had to give their beaded necklace away to the person who caught them (you can tell who was doing well when the pictures were taken if you look for the green sparkly beads).

We were spoiled as usual, lots of great eco-friendly gifts, stainless steel bottles, organic clothes, books, and contributions towards our diaper service. There were some beautiful handmade gifts as well.
The little outfit I am modelling above is Sprout's new 'coming home outfit' - a gorgeous bamboo set we received as a gift from Sheila with cute little wooden buttons. I am getting excited to meet this little being as the time gets closer.

Grandma Lynne, Grandma Nola and I all went for lunch and hot stone massage pedicures the next day as well (no pictures, we were too busy relaxing and getting pampered). Kyle got me a gift certificate for Christmas to Riverside Spa (fancy place), since he didn't know what to get a "pregnant person". It was the perfect gift for someone who hasn't been able to reach their toes comfortably in months (also I think Rob will be happy that I will no longer be begging him to paint my toenails).

2 comments:

  1. :) It was so fun! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lots of fun, and so great to see you! Lots of love and good thoughts!
    XO
    K

    ReplyDelete