Monday, February 7, 2011

Maternity Leave

So after quite a bit of thinking I have decided to go on early maternity leave. I've decided to go 2.5 weeks earlier than I originally planned (so I'm going at 36 weeks pregnant instead of 38.5 weeks pregnant) to really look after myself.

As I entered my third trimester I just got really, really tired! It was literally all I could do to work an 8 hour day and come home all zombie like. So I decided that my body was trying to tell me something, and today was my first day at home.

Some of my girlfriends said they got bored on maternity leave before welcoming their little ones into the world, but this is one thing I'm not worried about. I am planning to sleep in, do yoga, hang out with the pets, sew, knit, blog, run errands, make some meals to freeze and use those first couple of weeks, read, rest and meet up with a few of my girlfriends for tea. Maybe even take a bubble bath in the middle of the day! This is absolute bliss in my opinion and will have me back to myself so I can go into the birth rejuvenated rather than exhausted.

This picture is of me at 34 weeks (2 weeks ago), and believe it or not I am actually bigger now! Our midwives think this baby will be a good sized one, not surprising given that Rob was over 9 lbs when he was born.

At 36 weeks I am now considered "full term" and can give birth to a nice healthy baby at this point. Baby is co-operating nicely and staying head down so we are in good shape heading into what could be the last few weeks or days...it's all up to Sprout and mother nature to decide now!

No comments:

Post a Comment